Quonset Hut Kits are the ideal choice for anyone looking to add an extra useful building to their property. They are the best places for storage, retail outlets, workshops and even a good enough place to live and relax in. At present, there are a number of Quonset Hut Kits available in the market. Their main advantages are:
Compare Quonset Hut Prices and save up to 30%!
For Agricultural & Business Applications, Select Commercial To Begin.
Compare Quonset Hut Prices and save up to 30%!
- They cost lesser, having a minimum rate of $5/ sq. ft.
- The basic construction is very easy and simple and can be done by the customer himself.
- The huts don’t have to be painted or roofed separately. Everything comes in a package.
- A single model can be used for many different purposes, be it commercial, retail, industrial or personal.
- The basic design is the same for all huts and it easily fits together in any setting.
- There are a number of different designs and styles available even for Quonset Hut Kits. One can choose a simple design or even a custom design having personally chosen colors and styles.
- As the basic structure is one whole piece, there are no columns or posts that support the roof or body from inside. This gives the hut an increased interior space than any other building of the same size.
- Although it has no internal support, the buildings are quite strong and can resist drastic changes in weather conditions. The corrugated steel body is enough to hold against hail and hurricane.
Advantages of Building Quonset Hut Kits
The main advantage of using Quonset huts for your project is that you’ll have a building made of steel, which is the most durable metal. Building a metal structure uses prefabricated materials that have several benefits:
- Cost. By reducing your labor, you can save around 30% or more. You’ll also know the costs you are dealing with upfront because the building is purchased in one go.
- Speed. You can commence operation in about 60 to 90 days.
- Environmentally friendly. It doesn’t take much energy to create steel buildings, and recycling them is pretty straightforward.
- Dependable. Your structure won’t need much maintenance or repainting. Based on the manufacturer that you choose, a steel building will last approximately 30-50 yrs once you construct it.
- Insurance is reduced. Usually, when you construct a steel structure, you’ll have lower insurance rates.
- Durable. Steel buildings never suffer from leaks, swells, or shrinkage that climate change causes, and they’re non-combustible.
The main advantages of having a Quonset hut is evident from the points mentioned earlier, but there is one certain advantage that makes it much better than any other add-on building. A Quonset hut kit does not need a professional contractor to put up. One can easily do it by themselves. There are detailed instructions given and the basic layout of the structure is extremely easy to follow and build. The only things needed are a friend, who can help just to hold some things and a socket wrench.
Moreover, almost 75% of the people who purchase Quonset Hut kits doesn’t employ professionals to construct them. One doesn’t need any special tools to construct these. This not only makes the whole process easier, but also reduces the ultimate costing by a huge percentage.
Initially one needs to order the product. Once it reaches the site, it is ready for construction. Building kits having arch type roofs are made up with light-weight material, and they also include some bolts, 40-pound panels, customized fasteners and detailed instructions, which can be followed even by a beginner , who has never had any experience in constructing.
Quonset Hut Kit Uses
Originally, Quonset hut kits were only for military use. But, after WWII, this building style increased its popularity in the agricultural market because of their durability and affordability on the farm. Generally, buildings were used for Livestock Shelters, Hay Storage, Grain Storage, Barns, and more.
Other later realized the incredible qualities these arch style steel buildings provide and started using them for residential purposes too. Today, common uses include:
- Industrial Factories
- Commercial Buildings
- Storage Buildings
- RV Garages
- Single and Double Car Garages
- and many other uses
There is a variety of styles, and all of them feature a similar bolt-together arch design. However, different building profiles can assist you in getting the style, or strength you require for your building. Ensure to ask your particular building specialist about the most suitable model for you since each one has a distinct set of benefits. Some of the most popular models include:
A/P Model – It’s the most common model for residential purposes, such as garages. Since it has straight walls and a peaked roof, it allows a traditional feel that blends in with existing buildings.
X Model – Generally, an X Model provides the best of both worlds. Apart from getting a more traditional look, strength is also a feature due to the sloped walls.
Q Model– There’s a perfect arch with this Q model buildings. Not only is it the strongest model, but also the most affordable.
S Model – It comprises straight sidewalls that have a classic arch building roof. It offers a substantial amount of head-room for a garage, storage, or workshop. Typically, it’s more affordable compared to the A Model.
R Model – Essentially, this is a multi-purpose roofing system. It can be great for stockpiling storage.
T Model – It features an arch which is reinforced by a structural wall. It can be useful as a lean-to style building that’s on an existing structure.
All these are the basic types of Quonset Hut Kits that are available in the market. Still, people can order customized kitsfor and that will have special costings.
The various types of Quonset Hut kits available are:
|Single Car Quonset Garage Kit||12ft x12ft, 144 sq. ft||$5,200|
|Double Car Garage Kit||24ft x 24ft, 576 sq. ft||$7,900|
|Storage Building Quonset Kit||30ft x 24ft, 720 sq. ft||$11,900|
|RV Garage Kit||40ft x 20ft, 800 sq. ft||$12,200|
|Small Storage Building||30ft x 30ft, 900 sq. ft||$12,600|
|Medium Storage Building||30ft x 40ft, 1200 sq ft||$13,000|
|Large Storage Building||40ft x 60ft, 2400 sq ft||$23,000|
Although every construction project has its problems, Quonset’s prefabricated nature implies there are fewer variables involved. Here is a typical building process:
Design: The size and shape of the structure are the first considerations. You need to know things like the choice of interior walls, roof type, the location of doors, and any cosmetic enhancement or extras.
-Engineering: After paying a deposit and getting a complete basic design, you need an engineer to draw up the Blueprints and specifications for your structure.
Fabrication and delivery: After you have signed off under those blueprints, the production is going to commence. At a factory, there will be the production of the beans, post, girders, roof panels, sides, , and fasteners that’ll hold your building together. It will take about 3-6 weeks to complete this step.
Site Work: Preparation at the building site can commence. A steel building will need a foundation, and this usually demands poured concrete.
Construction: After the components arrive and the foundation is ready, then the construction process will commence.
Finish Work: Plumbing, windows, exterior finishes, doors, insulation, interior walls (if needed), and other finishing work is performed to finalize your structure.
Walkthrough: Upon completion of the structure, a building inspector must walk through it.
Quonset Hut Buildings come in several types. They all have the same DIY bolt together building design. They also have several building profiles available to select form. Each profile is for different construction situations. Remember to ask your supplier about the best profiel/model to fit your needs considering each on has its own benefits.
Design, Size & Application Options:
|A/P Model||Garage Building|
Military Use Building
Long Term Food Storage
|Up to 40 Feet Wide |
4 to 12 Foot Pitch Roof
|S Model||Two Story Building|
Multi Level Home
|10-50 Feet Wide|
|Q Model||Military Buildings|
Large Steel Structure
Long Term Food Storage
|20-70 Feet Wide|
Prefab Metal Building Styles
Metal Buildings come in a variety of sizes and styles and can be customized to fit your needs.
Arched Metal Buildings
Quonset Huts are great for home or business purposes. Great for storing farming equipment also. Very popular for your DIY owners on your property. Extreme versatility and and durable to all weather conditions. Enjoy the ease of assembly.
Framed Metal Buildings
Metal Buildings are an great solution for both residential, farming and commercial applications. Roofing styles include gable end or sloped roof . They are an economical option they will save you money and last you a lifetime.